Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thankful

Chosing to thankful today. Thankful that I have my husband. Thankful that we found this before it was too late. Thankful for the circumstances in which we found it. Thankful for several hours of sleep. Thankful my daughter gets to go to school today.Thankful I have my friends and family. I am thankful I get to fight with and for my husband .  Thankful.




We slept. Joel just woke up. We had to wake up every hour for neuro checks, but I finally slept a solid block. He feels good this morning. No headache. Praise God.  We will move to a neurology bed today.

Shocked a bit that there are nearly 200 blog views and its only been live for a few hours. But relived to know that prayers are being offered up.

We meet with his neurosurgeon this morning to discuss plans. This neurosurgeon is known for removing tricky tumors.

Today. Please keep on praying. I will update more as the day goes on. I am thankful I get to fight with and for my husband .

8 comments:

Moongirl said...

Still praying. Thankful is a good place to be. And be thankful for having a God who loves you all and has you in His hands!

Brandi said...

I will be thinking of you and your family and holding them close to my heart as you travel down this unexpected road. I am a former student of Joani Hayward and found your blog through her.

We have a family friend who has had a benign type of tumor removed from his brain successfully and had no residual side effects. I am hoping and praying this too will be the case for Joel.

Hugs and strength to you.

drake said...

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Springfield crew 2820.

Jenay said...

Praying for you cousin. Thanks for making a blog so we can keep updated.

Ginny Reasor said...

You don't know me but I just wanted to share somethings that have helped me when we went through hard times. First I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but since you are a strong Christian I can say this, God will use this to make you stronger.
I sing so much of my help comes from the Lord through song. "Morning by morning new mercies I see, all I have needed they hand hath provided Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me" May God grant you mercies and provide you with all you need. I will lift your family up in prayer! Ginny

Esther said...

I know I haven't seen you all since Erin's wedding, but I just wanted you to know that I will definitely be praying over your family and for Joel's health. Praying strength, courage, and protection over your lives. Our lives can changes in an instant, but our God is so faithful. Sending love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I this is Rick at the ODOT Springfield office where I used to work with Joel. I am sorry to hear about Joel but I do believe that he will come outta this in good shape. I send my best wishes.

Meme said...

I love this picture of Joel & Evey..so, so precious!! I love your pictures...you have captured so many memorable moments...