Tuesday, January 24, 2012

another set of exhausted ramblings

A quick post tonight as we are exhausted-- mostly from last nights neuro checks. YAWN. 


We have had a good evening. Princess came in with my parents. We are moved out of ICU, which means a more comfortable bed for me. Pizza was brought in by friends, magazines and warm smiles as well surrounded us all evening.


We met with the Neurosurgeon. Every discussion seems so surreal. A nearly out of body experience. Is this true? Is this us? Is that really my husband's brain in that scan with the LARGE tumor? yes. I guess it is. I will share the images soon. But, honestly I am struggling with looking at them. I just want to sob. They are a scary image to someone who knows a little.


SURGERY IS THURSDAY AFTERNOON.




I am calling all prayer warriors to be praying praying praying. Fraying that God will: Guide the doctors hands, That the tumor will remove easily and not be cancer, and that we walk forward in peace.




For better or worse, sickness and health. We have promised and have grown so much in these times. I am torn between gratitude for these seasons- as they produce a beautiful rainbow. Or curse them as they really are more challenging and painful then words can adequately describe.  The fear of losing your lover and father of your child is unimaginable and indescribable. So bare with me if I do fall short on words. 


But we go to sleep encouraged. No seizures today. We have been able to have a lot of time together. Our nurses have been AMAZING. Another day of steroids, means more time to reduce the swelling a little. 


So please keep praying for us. 


Your love and response is encouraging beyond words.


And do me a favor. Live today for today with us. Do not take a single moment for granted. 

5 comments:

Michelle Isom said...

Jill--I don't know really what to say except that I will Definitely be praying!!! I don't know if you remember but...I had a scare of being told I had a possible brain tumor a little over 6 years ago....only to find out I was actually 21 weeks pregnant:) I only tell you that to make you smile!! I will hold your family and the doctors in my prayers and heart!! Thank you for keeping us up to date!! Michelle Isom

Anonymous said...

Jill we are definitely praying for joel and you and evy as well. Mark called Rich today. We send our love from cali and wish we could be there.

april said...

Sorry, that post was from me!

karen brinton said...

Don't know you at all, Jill, but I do know Joel and want you to know that I am praying for you both. Joel is one of the good guys. Try to stay strong.

Karen Brinton

Sarah said...

Hello- I met your husband at bootcamp on Saturday. He has such determination and fight in him, that I know he will overcome this with flying colors.

I do know what it is like to have someone you love dearly in the hospital and worried about how they are doing. It sounds like you have a firm belief in God, and I know that He will carry you through this. I can't express in words what you may be feeling or tell you I completely understand what you are going through. I do know though that He is faithful to those who love Him. I look forward to seeing Joel again at bootcamp!!