Sunday, January 29, 2012

Anxious for nothing.

Today has been stressful. Joel had been doing so great. But this felt like a step back. It was... thankful it was here at the hospital--- I find my heart being anxious tonight. Seizures SUCK. let me just say that much. He has been so lethargic and painful today compared to yesterday. Yetvwas still eager to get up and walk with PT. He is such a trooper. He did pretty well. He drifts to the side when he walks but this will improve.

So far his heart rate is improved tonight. Praying that the extra steroids and seizure meds are what he needed.  Due to all the meds, Joel was a bit disconnected and slept. Expected but stinks.

Yet in my heart I keep hearing:

 "Be Anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7

Tomorrow we may get our pathology results back. We are obviously eager to find out. I still find it hard to believe that one week ago our life was changed. I want to be home and start our new normal with out the constant fear of seizures. I do have peace as I face another day of unknowns and what ifs.

I appreciate that people are respecting our desire for space, for Joels mind to heal.

We did find out his echo was normal. So his low heart rate is from his brain? potentially

Pray with me. For rest- and that Joel has a much more normal heart rate tonight. AND NO SEIZURES. Pray for continued protection and peace for Joel, Princess and Myself. Praying for good results tomorrow. Pray for MumMum Papa, E and Marky as they are our primary supports.

3 comments:

Erin said...

So glad to hear that it was a quiet day. I am constantly praying. Looking forward to my day with princess tomorrow!
Love you so much. Sleep well knowing we are handling things on this end :).

Janell said...

Not a day goes by that prayers are not said. The brain is amazing. The original computer and when it needs to shut down boy does it.

Shauna said...

Praying. May God continue to whisper truth into your heart.

Love you. SHa